Permit Information

Lexington County issues all building permits and required inspections within the Town. Any questions or requests for permitting, inspections, etc. please contact:


Chance Price

Building Official, CBO, CFM, MCP

803-785-8130 (Main)

803-785-8125 (Desk)

Contact Us

Municipal Clerk

(803) 755-2760 ext. 101

Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, in the Town of South Congaree, shall first obtain the required building or mechanical permits from Lexington County.

If you are the property owner and wish to perform the work yourself, you need to complete an Owner Acknowledgment Form, which states you must abide by all Zoning Ordinances and Building Regulations required by the Town of South Congaree.

Documents & Forms